June 11, 2026

Easy French Toast Muffins (Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Recipe)

Texas, USA
Homemade French Toast Muffins fresh from the oven

Looking for an easy freezer breakfast recipe? These French Toast Muffins are one of my favorite make-ahead breakfasts for busy mornings. They're budget-friendly, toddler-approved, freezer-friendly, and made with simple ingredients we usually already have on hand.


If I'm being honest, French toast is one of my favorite foods on the planet, but I don't always want to stand over the stove to make it. (Especially in my third trimester with a toddler running around.) So today, I am sharing one of my go-to make-ahead breakfasts that I usually prep in bulk and hide away in the freezer for an easy, budget-friendly breakfast option.



French Toast Muffins

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 12+ muffins


Ingredients for French Toast Muffins:

  • 1 loaf of sandwich bread, cut into bite-sized pieces*
  • 1-2 cups of milk*
  • 2-3 eggs*
  • 1/4 cup of brown sugar (or honey/maple syrup if preferred)
  • 1-2 tsp of cinnamon (or to taste, we love lots of cinnamon)
  • 1 tsp of vanilla and maple extract

The secret ingredient really is the combo of brown sugar and maple extract! Using these two together creates a strong maple flavor, which means we rarely feel the need to add actual syrup on them. 

**Fun fact: the starred items also happen to be WIC approved at the time of writing, so this is a very good meal for mothers using WIC for supplemental groceries as well! 

How to Make French Toast Muffins:

  • Pre-heat your oven to 375 F.
  • Grease or line a muffin pan (we just butter ours).
  • Whisk milk, eggs, brown sugar, and extracts into a bowl. Mix well to dissolve the sugar.
  • Cut up bread into small, bite sized pieces. (I personally just use a pair of kitchen scissors to do this part.) 
Toddler-approved make-ahead breakfast muffins
  • Dip handfuls of bread cubes into the French toast batter, letting the batter absorb into the bread a little. It will be somewhat soggy, but that's okay.
  • Spoon the soggy bread mixture into the greased muffin tins, filling them up to the top and pressing down to make sure they are firmly packed inside.
Easy French Toast Muffins made with simple pantry ingredients
  • Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown and no longer "wet" looking.
  • Enjoy immediately OR flash freeze and bag up for a quick freezer breakfast, and reheat to enjoy!


How to Freeze French Toast Muffins

Allow the muffins to cool completely. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours before transferring them to a freezer-safe bag or container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.


How to Reheat

Microwave for 30-60 seconds or warm in a 350°F oven until heated through.



These are a regular favorite for my toddler. When I have them on hand, he eats them several times a week, and he cleans his plate every time. I'll usually serve them with fresh fruit, berries, yogurt, or even whipped cream if we are feeling fancy. These also go well with scrambled eggs and breakfast sausage or bacon as well. 

I personally like having a stash of French Toast Muffins in my freezer for busy mornings or even days where I am not feeling my best and need a quick breakfast for my hungry toddler. I will definitely be preparing these for my postpartum period with Baby #2 coming. Freezer meals are the best when you are freshly postpartum!

Let me know if you try this recipe! Do you have any freezer meals you enjoy keeping on-hand? Feel free to share in the comments.
Pin this post!

Post a Comment